Monday, November 8, 2010

David's Birthday

David is sure to tease me for being so much older in the three weeks after my birthday and the three weeks before his, but as always, he caught up to me... 28.
I was stumped as to what to get the man, he's so low maintenance, if he ever needs anything, we'll get it, and he never seems to 'want' anything. So I was only left with one option... shower him with RSL stuff!

I went online to look for Real Salt Lake Soccer tickets and found this awesome package. A tour of the stadium, 4 souvenirs and a pair of tickets to the upcoming game for 80% off it's orginal value, so I jumped on that one in a hurry.
This is David standing in the tunnel our favorite players run out of...
They wouldn't let us stand on their "multi-million dollar" grass for fear we may ruin it, taking into account the athletes and their cleats, we didn't take the tour guide too serious, however, we listened and didn't touch his precious grass either. :)
On top of those tickets, I got a pair of tickets for the game the following weekend as well. We love taking Stella to the games with us, she always marches and claps along to the band and makes sure we're clapping as well. She loves watching the game and there are so many distractions of just being at the game, she generally does really well. David made her a jersey of her own to wear out of all the free stuff we've collected from the games. Normally we have to hide it, otherwise, she'd wear it every day!
I won't go into detail as to how it all happened, and unfortunately I didn't take a picture after the fact, but it's too cool to leave out. I came in contact with RSL's goal keeper, Nick Rimando, who is also my favorite player on the team. I went online to order from his line of clothing "Nick is my Homeboy" for something for David's birthday. I waited what seemed like forever and it never came, so I emailed the company to ask when it would ship and Nick was actually the one that responded! He apologized because of a mix up and to make it up he was going to sign a pair of his goal keeper gloves and have them delivered to our seats with a t-shirt for David. I had a hard time keeping it a secret from David, but somehow I did it. David, always wanting a better view, kept searching for better seats while we were there and that made me nervous, so to get him to calm down I told him "these seats are worth more than you think". Finally right before the first half ended, a guy from the office came and found us and delivered the gloves and an awesome red t-shirt with Nick's logo.... David was astounded! He couldn't believe it and I couldn't wait to tell him I'd be e-mailing Nick Rimando all week!!! I don't know who was more excited, me or him... either way, it was a good game:)
It was a super fun birthday, it was awesome we got to extend it on and on with the games and the tour and the RSL goods. My only worry is how on earth am I going to top that one next year?
Happy Birthday David, you are the love of my life!

1 comment:

Shana Smith said...

Happy birthday Davey! I LOVE your family pictures and your hair is super cute.. That little Stella just keeps getting cuter and cuter by the day. I miss you guys, why cant we still live next door to each other?!